And here are Canadian Jacob Sweetapple’s winning recipes from the Beefeater 24 Gin and Tea Cocktail Comp.
The GTC (Gin Tea Cocktail)
Garnish: Lemon zest discarded
Method: Stirred over ice then single strained into a chilled coupe
- 60ml Beefeater 24 infusion (300ml gin infused with 20g English Afternoon tea – hot bath infused)
- 25ml Homemade lemon and juniper syrup (seven lemons’ worth of lemon peel and
- 20g lightly crushed juniper berries – using a ratio of 300ml water to cup of sugar)
- 2 dashes Angostura Orange Bitters
The Tea Keeper
Method: Throw four or five times between tin and mixing glass, then pour into room temperature glasses.
- 60ml Beefeater 24 gin
- 7.5ml homemade vermouth (made with Beefeater 24 gin, Kuchica tea, fruit influenced white tea)
- 7.5ml Campari (steeped with Lapsang Souchong tea)