Here’s something to warm you up in these dank days – two lovely new tea based cocktails from Caorunn Gin.
- 35ml Caorunn
- 15ml rosemary infused gomme syrop
- 250ml hot Apple & Pear green tea (Twinings) infusion
To prepare the tea infusion add the following to 1 litre hot water
- 3 Apple & Pear green tea bags (Twinings)
- 3 broken cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 9 cloves
- 1 inch square piece of fresh ginger, sliced
- 5 ‘grates’ nutmeg
Leave on just enough heat to keep the mix hot (do not need to simmer or boil) for 30 min. Strain thoroughly before using and serve hot in a 10oz glass/cup. The mix can be re-heated as appropriate.
- Add 1 bag of Camomile & Spiced Apple tea (Twinings) to hot water, steep for 1 min and remove.
- Add 25ml Caorunn
- 15ml fresh lemon juice (approx juice of ½ lemon)
- 15ml Heather honey
Stir thoroughly before serving and serve hot in a 12oz cup/glass