How much are we looking forward to this! The delightfully diverting Hendrick’s Carnival of Knowledge – a unique travelling parlour of enlightenment – will offer intellectual sustenance to all minds at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe from 8th – 11th August 2013.
Within the decadent environs of One Royal Circus, Edinburgh, The Carnival will feature a delightful cocktail bar for all to enjoy, as well as a packed programme of interesting diversions and entertainments such as:
- A Feast of Learning: Cooked & presented by The Clove Club. Prepare to have your mind & body nourished and your spirit of curiosity revived in a unique voyage of culinary discovery! In the opulent surroundings of One Royal Circus, a cornucopia of curious courses, delicious cocktails and diverting entertainments will be presented for your delight and delectation by world-renowned chefs, The Clove Club. Saturday 10th August, 7.30-11pm (Tickets £65 – limited to 32 for the evening)
- Edinburgh: A Literary City: Join Allan Foster, author of ‘The Literary Traveller in Scotland: A Book Lover’s Guide’, as he reveals the curious and hidden literary tales that make Edinburgh the most storied of cities. Thursday 8th August, 4:30 – 5:30pm (Tickets £12 including one delightful cocktail – limited to 30 per session)
- Last Tuesday Society – Why let death get in the way of a good conversation? The Last Tuesday Society welcomes Professor Richard Wiseman for an evening of ectoplasm and uncanny spectacle as we cross over to the other side and communicate with the deceased. Don’t miss the chance to speak to Arthur Conan Doyle or quip with Oscar Wilde as tables wobble and levitate off the floor. Tickets include one delightful cocktail. Saturday 10th August, 1.30-3.30 and 6-4pm (Tickets £12 – limited to 10 per session)
- Literary Salon: Damian Barr brings his celebrated Salon from Shoreditch House to Edinburgh. Join him for exclusive readings and revealing interviews with some of the world’s best writers. Guests include the formidably fabulous Janice Galloway and the most marvelous Maggie O’Farrell. Tickets include one delightful cocktail. Thursday 8th August, 8.30-10.30pm (Tickets £12 – limited to 30 per session)
- Granta – How to read a story: Learn how to banish stage fright to deliver a BAFTA-worthy performance with stand up comedian Viv Groskop (author of stand up memoir I laughed, I cried), Literary Death Match co-host and Executive Producer, Suzanne Azzopardi. Bring your own work to read or practice with a past Granta story. Tickets include one delightful cocktail. Friday 9th August, 7.30-8.30pm (Tickets £12 including one delightful cocktail – limited to 30 for the session)
- Sunday lunch in 2063 Project: Award winning mixologist Ryan Chetiyawardana (Mr Lyan) and Shay Ola founder of the Rebel Dining Society present a curious culinary collaboration like no other. Set 50 years in the future, this short lecture followed by a thought provoking dining experience explores our relationship between sustainability and the future of the food & drink we consume. Cocktails included. Sunday 11thAugust, 4-5.30pm (Tickets £20 – limited to 30 per session)
- The Hour: ‘When evening quickens in the street, comes a pause in the day’s occupation that is known as the cocktail hour’ (Bernard de Voto). The cocktail hour is the most delightful ritual, and one worth considered cogitation. Let us make our journey through the mystical hour together. Cocktails and canapés included, of course. August 8th and 9th – Tickets £15
- (and last but certainly not least) Hendrick’s Parlour Bar: Nourish both your mind and your taste buds in Hendrick’s Parlour Bar. Unusual characters, eye-opening wisdom and exquisite cocktails await the curiously-minded. Join us in the decadent One Royal Circus! Be seated and enjoy luxuriant libations served by some of the world’s finest bartenders. Thursday 8th August – Sunday 11th August, from 12-11pm (free admission, capacity 40)
Commenting on Hendrick’s at Edinburgh Fringe, Duncan McRae, British Brand Ambassador said: “We’re extremely excited to be bringing the Carnival of Knowledge to the home of Hendrick’s Gin. Guests at The Edinburgh Fringe can expect to have their minds tickled and expanded through attending one of our intriguing lectures, their thirsts quenched with decadent cocktails from our cocktail bars and their stomachs filled during a most unusual banquet event. With such a variety of incredible entertainments on offer, Hendrick’s Gin contribution to this year’s Edinburgh Fringe will be a unique experience for lovers of Gin and literature everywhere.”
HENDRICK’S CARNIVAL OF KNOWLEDGE will be located at One Royal Circus from 8th–11th August 2013.